September 25, 2009

Upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04 to Karmic Koala Alpha 6 failed ... - Part III

Final post regarding my failed upgrade from Ubuntu Jaunty (9.04) to Karmic Koala (future 9.10):

I deleted the /dev/sda2 partition that hosted the interim Ubuntu Studio install I used in Part I and grew the root partition on /dev/sda1 to it's full size again, both using GParted running off an external drive that used to be the hard drive for this laptop. Then I used resize2fs to let the fs knw it had the extra space.

Then I did #7-9 mentioned in Part II - only #8 took a little longer than 10 minutes :-)

And when I rebooted I got the new Karmic Koala splash screen. Woohooooo! And it recognises my encrypted /home partition so that is lovely!

Now my plan is to backup all my data and remove the data I do not need on the laptop and do a clean install of Karmic Koala Alpha. I am leaving behind the Ubuntu Studio stuff - I will do that on the desktop box instead. I will however put in Eclipse (www.eclipse.org) in order to play with Android (www.android.com) development

Mission Accomplished!

No comments: