June 10, 2012

New install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I have been battling with my Ubuntu off ad on for some months now and I finallay had enough. Time to reinstall and costumize my Ubuntu.

To minimize risk of probles in the future, I have decided to focus this install on being a production machine so no testing/unstable will be installed.. All future testing will be done on virtual machines.

So now I have a fresh, vanilla install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, currently being updated by the Update Manager.

I am planning to use this machine for mainly 3 different uses; Programming (both web, Java, Linux and Android), Video editing and Office Use (Libra Office).

I am planning to install the following extra software:

Chrome (for browsing)
Eclipse (for programming)
Audacity (for audio editing)
OpenShot (for video editing)
VirtualBox (for virtual machines; testing etc)
FileZilla (FTP client)
Ubuntu One Indicator Applet

... and maybe one or two more (will update this post when/if I do)

I am going to reduce the number of applications in the launcher down to Home folder, terminal, Chrome (Chromium), Eclipse and the Workspace Switcher (again will update when/if I decide on further changes

No comments: