March 23, 2010

Problems getting ready for Ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx beta 1

For several reasons I have decided to move to Ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx beta 1 from the alpha 3 I am running at the moment.

I am keeping my /home partition while wiping my / partition. Most of this morning has gone with getting the beta 1, writing it to disk and backing up my /home. I found a spare DVD+RW disc to put the backup on.

But I have been fighting with Ubuntu to format/blank this disc and getting brasero to accept it. I have yet to find a way. I have tried the dvd+rw-format utility but to no avail. If this is due to me running alpha software i am not sure, but that's the state I am in at the moment.

I finally found a fresh, blank DVD-RW disc to hold the backup and I'm writing this at the moment.

So I wasted the morning, hopefully things will turn out for the better. I filed a bug on Nautilus hanging when opening Trash in alpha 3 this morning. Let's see if that is present in beta 1 as well.

Analytics 4 Android development has been on hold for the duration of this. Let's hope I get back on track.

No comments: